The Board of Graduate Studies is charged with the admission, registration and approval of the University's graduate students; that is, those students studying for the PhD, MSc, MLitt or MPhil degree and other graduate qualifications. The Board meets nine times a year during term time.
The Student Registry provides administrative support for the Board of Graduate Studies, located at 4 Mill Lane, which includes:
- admitting graduate students and formally registering them for graduate qualifications
- managing graduate students' progress, reporting (CGSRS), examinations and records (CamSIS)
- advising graduate students, staff and other interested parties on the University's regulations
- managing graduate student fee payments, funding and Research Council liaison
- administration of higher doctorates and the Ph.D. Degree by Special Regulations